Monday, January 13, 2014

Spaghetti Squash

Last Thursday after a long day of jury duty selection which concluded with being selected as a juror, I was tired and wanted a delicious, filling, simple meal.  I had picked up a spaghetti squash at the store the other day and decided it was a perfect time to cook spaghetti squash for the first time.  I decided to cook the squash whole, as I am highly accident prone and didn't want to slice a hand off.  I cooked the squash as follows:

oven - 375
poke 10-15 holes all over the squash using a sharp knife
place squash in baking pan
cook for an hour

After the squash was cooked, I cut it in half with my cut going through the middle of the squash, NOT the ends with the stem.  Getting the pulp and seeds out was tricky without burning my hands and some of the pulp was stubbord about coming out.  After the pulp was removed, I scooped out the squash itself with a spoon and then covered with a marinara sauce.

My squash was a little underdone, but I also had a very large spaghetti squash.  In the future if I have a squash that big again I will try it for 1.5 hrs to ensure it is completely done all the way through.


No comments:

Post a Comment