We all have our passions, the topic that we can spend hours and hours talking about and getting excited about and researching. My passion happens to be vegetarianism. I love it. I live and breathe it. I absolutely adore vegetarian everything. I've been a committed vegetarian for five and a half years now, but I tend to go through it in waves. While I've been great about not eating any mammals or birds, since moving to New York City in June 2011, I've been pescatarian more often than not. But no longer. I'm doing it for real this time and I'm going to document my journey. I'm going vegan.
I've done the vegan thing before, when I was in college, when delicious amazing unlimited amounts of vegan food were provided for me everyday by the amazing staff at Lowry dining hall at Wooster. But this time I'm doing it alone. No stir fry station or black bean trough or salad bar or vegan cookies or all the other amazing things. I've learned quite a bit about cooking in the past year and I'm gonna put my newfound knowledge to the test. I'm going to attempt making my own veggie burgers, my own sauces, my own chicken nuggets and everything else. And most fearful to me: baking. vegan baking. I'm terrified about that one but we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment